Tween Theater Club is just for kids ages 10-13! Come join in the fun as our dedicated instructors provide an evening of fun to improve acting and improv skills, memorization, and listening. Every meeting is sure to be a blast!
Fall 2018 Tween Clubs
Starting September 22, join us monthly on Saturdays at 3:00 pm for Tween Club, led by Allyson Goodman and Keaton Lane!
(*Note: 3:00 pm start time, not 3:30 pm, as it was last year.)
- Time: Social time at 3:00 pm and workshop 3:30 pm-5:30 pm. (Earlier time than last year.)
- Dates (all Saturdays): September 22, October 13, November 3, and December 8.
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 133.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All tweens ages 10-13 are welcome! 13-year-olds can also choose to attend our Teen Theater Club as well!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club. Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Tween Club Schedule – Fall 2018
Whether the words 'given circumstances', 'objectives', 'tactics', 'conflict' make you nervous or curious, this is the perfect night for you! Tonight we will focus on digging into the script and using it as a tool to improve our theatre-making skills.
|STC Fight Club
Sometimes the action in a movie or play needs some combat to make it work! If you’ve ever seen a fight sequence and thought you might want to give it a try, now is your chance. Find out how to safely and convincingly fight in a number of ways onstage at this Tween Club!
|Focus on the Physical
The body is one of an actor’s main tools when exploring and building a character. How can you use your body to make specific choices and bring life to your character onstage? Join us at this Tween Club to discover some fun answers to this question!
|Theater From the Ground Up
This week we are throwing out the scripts and testing our creativity. Working as a collaborative ensemble, this Tween Club is all about staging original ideas. Bring your imagination along as we explore how devised theatre can be an engaging, inclusive, and impactful way to tell a story!