Tween Theater Club is just for kids ages 10-13! Come join in the fun as our dedicated instructors provide an evening of fun to improve acting and improv skills, memorization, and listening. Every meeting is sure to be a blast!
Spring 2018 Tween Clubs
Starting January 6, join us monthly on Saturdays at 3:30 pm for Tween Club, led by Lena Menefee-Cook and Vivan Cook.
- Social time at 3:30 pm and workshop 4:00-6:00 pm
- Dates: Jan. 6, Feb. 3, March 3, April 7, and May 5
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 133.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All tweens ages 10-13 are welcome! 13-year-olds can also choose to attend our Teen Theater Club as well!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club. Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Tween Club Schedule – Spring 2018
|Mime: Power in Physicality
Tonight we’ll discover secrets of movement, music, and meaning through the unique world of mime theatre. Learn to communicate feelings and places, drama and comedy, and characters and plot—entirely through physical expressions! Discover the power of physicality to create stories without ever saying a word!
|Wait, I Have to Dance?! Help!
So you love theatre, and you think it’s pretty fun. But when it comes to dancing, you’re not super confident. Come hang out with us tonight and banish all those fears! We’ll learn a few essentials and a basic routine so you can have the confidence to make your next dance audition a blast!
|Auditioning Tips & Techniques
The audition process is a necessary component of the theatre world, but can be very intimidating. How should you prepare? What should you expect? We’ll talk it all out at tonight’s theatre club, and practice some skills in a fun, no-stress environment. From presenting yourself well to surviving a cold read, you’ll gain tools to approach your next audition like a pro!
|Stage Managing 101/Crew Challenge
What does a stage manager really do? What does ensemble look like in behind-the-scenes action? Tonight we’ll uncover the secrets of a smooth backstage process. And get ready for some good-natured competition, because there will be a few activities to keep you on your toes. And at the end of the night, we’ll experience the Ultimate Stage Crew Challenge!
|Puppetry: The Playful and the Strange
Puppeteers and their puppets have been telling stories to audiences for centuries! The magic this kind of theatre creates is strange and fascinating. At Tween Theatre Club tonight, we’re going to figure out how puppets have the power to capture an audience’s attention, make us laugh, and tell some of the most important and successful stories in the theatrical world!