Tween Theater Club is just for kids ages 10-13! Come join in the fun as our dedicated instructors provide an evening of fun to improve acting and improv skills, memorization, and listening. Every meeting is sure to be a blast!
Spring 2019 Tween Clubs
Starting January 5, join us monthly on Saturdays at 3:00 pm for Tween Club, led by Allyson Goodman and Keaton Lane!
(*Note: 3:00 pm start time, not 3:30 pm, as it was last year.)
- Time: Social time at 3:00 pm and workshop 3:30 pm-5:30 pm. (Earlier time than last year.)
- Dates (all Saturdays): January 5, February 2, April 6, and May 4. (No clubs in March.)
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 133.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All tweens ages 10-13 are welcome! 13-year-olds can also choose to attend our Teen Theater Club as well!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club. Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Tween Club Schedule – Spring 2019
|Mythology and the Roots of Theater
Theater has been around for centuries. But when exactly were the first “theatrical performances?” We will explore what we know as the beginnings of theater by exploring and experimenting together with Greek plays, storytelling rituals, and other mythology elements that have evolved into what we know and love today.
|Design a World
Join us for an afternoon of homemade theatrical design! We’ll discuss design concepts behind costumes, props, sets and the behind-the-scenes work of how designers use them to enhance a show. Then we’ll use a variety of items to create multiple different environments, characters, and more.
Without any characters, most stories would be pretty boring. Join us at this club to find out what makes a strong character and how to be one on stage! From silly to scary to sad and much more, we’ll explore lots of character concepts and jump into plenty of different roles.
|Theater Job Fair
Have you ever wondered what a stage manager’s responsibilities include? What is it like to be a director? What is a production manager and what do they do? In tonight’s club we are going to host a “job fair” for theater jobs that you may have heard of, but don’t know much about.