Teen Theater Club provides teens 13-18 the opportunity to work on acting techniques, improv skills, fun, and also a few surprises.
Fall 2018 Teen Clubs
Starting September 22, join us monthly on Saturdays at 6:30 pm for Teen Club, led by Erica Walling and Alyson O’Hara!
- Social time at 6:30 pm and workshop 7:00 pm-9:00 pm.
- Dates (all Saturdays): September 22, October 13, November 3, and December 8.
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 133.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All teens ages 13-18 are welcome!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club. Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Teen Club Schedule – Fall 2018
|What's That Sound?
Did you hear that? Sounds like teen club! This time we will discuss how to create worlds with sounds, working as an ensemble to build rhythms and soundscapes. From the roar of a thunderstorm to the sounds of a jungle, we will explore ways to use our bodies and found objects to build the mood of a story. Now’s your chance to bring your "outside voice" indoors!
Teen club this week is all about the outfit! We will talk about how to build characters through clothing, and get a chance to create a new a unique costume of our own. We’ll discuss color, style, texture and more. This is a great chance to learn what really goes into designing the things we wear on stage!
Ready to sit in silence at Teen Club this week? No, seriously. This week’s club is all about naturalistic theatre. We’ll discuss the history of naturalism leading all the way up to modern day playwrights that take a step beyond psychological realism and toe the line between theatre and reality. Get ready to look at short scenes that beg the question: ‘How is the ordinary extraordinary?’ Come and find out!
|Theater From the Ground Up
Can you create a piece of theatre based on visual art using poetry, music, and dance? This week we are throwing out the scripts and testing our creativity. Bring your imagination to Teen Club as we explore how devised theatre can be an engaging, inclusive, and impactful way to tell a story!
Looking For A Great Monlogue?
Click here for some great monologues, especially for teens.