Teen Theater Club provides teens 13-18 the opportunity to work on acting techniques, improv skills, fun, and also a few surprises.
Fall 2019 Teen Clubs
Join us Saturday, September 14 for our first Fall 2019 Teen Club!
Come for social time at 6:30 pm and stay for an epic night of theater fun from 7 to 9 pm.
- Social time at 6:30 pm and workshop 7:00 pm-9:00 pm.
- Dates (Saturdays): September 14, October 12, December 7.
(No clubs in November.)
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 133.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All teens ages 13-18 are welcome!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club.
Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Teen Club Schedule – Fall 2019
September 14th: Lights, Stories, Shadows! (Led by Lena Menefee-Cook and Zoey Lazere)
For centuries, storytellers around the world have used shadow theatre to excite and entertain audiences of all ages. Join us in exploring how we can play with light and shadows to create new characters and environments! We’ll be designing and building shadow puppets based on a story, then bringing the puppets to life to perform it!
October 12th: A Physical Storyteller’s Toolbelt (Led by Vivan Cook and Lena Menefee-Cook)
Get ready to move and play and discover the power of the actor’s greatest instrument–the body! Join us for a day of clubs filled with physical games, exercises, and character creation. We’ll figure out how we can use our bodies to tell all kinds of stories and become more confident, generous actors in the process!
December 7th: Can You Hear Me Now: Radio Plays (Led by Olivia Griffith and Allyson Goodman)
Stories and theater can’t always be seen. Have you ever been completely fascinated by how voices can paint an entire world, or how whole characters can be created (even by only one person)? You won’t want to miss this day of clubs focused on radio plays, where you’ll learn how to create sound effects, turn stories into soundscapes, and utilize your voice to portray all kinds of different characters. By the end of the club, you’ll be working together to create your very own radio play!