Teen Theater Club provides teens 13-18 the opportunity to work on acting techniques, improv skills, fun, and also a few surprises.
Fall 2017 Teen Clubs
Starting September 9, join us monthly on Saturdays at 6:30 pm for Teen Club, led by Julia VanDyk and Vivian Cook.
- Social time at 6:30 pm and workshop 7:00-9:00 pm
- Dates: Sep. 9, Oct. 14, Nov. 18, and Dec. 9
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 125.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club. Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Teen Club Schedule – Fall 2017
|Put on the Mask!
Clowning, fairy tales, mythology, Commedia dell’arte, and more! Join us for the first teen club of Fall 2017 as we use well-known character types to explore how to embody a character from head to toe!
|Storytelling: A Call to Action
For centuries, theatre has been performed as an agent of change in communities all over the world. Tonight, get ready to explore theatre for social change and how engaging and entertaining storytelling can move people to discuss the issues in their communities and to take action!
|Visualizing the Voice
How do we create characters through vocal choices and variety? How much more powerful and visual are our voices than we ever realized? Explore how to manipulate your voice in order to become characters, narrate stories, and engage audiences in truthful and dynamic storytelling!
|Painting a World
Let’s take a trip behind the stage and experiment with scenic painting! We’ll explore the basics of a scenic artist’s job, learn painting techniques, and then create our own designs to finish off the night! Discover how scenic painters must enter the minds of actors, writers, directors, and more to create a brand new world on stage!
All teens ages 13-18 are welcome!
Pre-registration is not required.
Looking For A Great Monlogue?