Teen Theater Club provides teens 13-18 the opportunity to work on acting techniques, improv skills, fun, and also a few surprises.
Spring 2018 Teen Clubs
Starting January 6, join us monthly on Saturdays at 6:30 pm for Teen Club, led by Julia VanDyk and Vivian Cook.
- Social time at 6:30 pm and workshop 7:00-9:00 pm
- Dates: Jan. 6, Feb. 3, March 3, April 7, and May 5
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 133.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All teens ages 13-18 are welcome!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club. Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Teen Club Schedule – Spring 2018
|Exploring the Art of Mime
Tonight we’ll discover secrets of movement, music, and meaning through the unique world of mime theatre. Learn to communicate feelings and places, drama and comedy, and characters and plot—entirely through physical expressions. Then put everything together with music! We’ll talk about timing, specificity, humor, and more. Get ready to create stories without performing a single spoken word!
|Wait, I Have to Dance?! Help!
So you love theatre, and you think it’s pretty fun. But when it comes to dancing, you’re not super confident. Do jazz squares confuse you? Do you worry about whether you could make it in a musical? Or maybe you love dancing, but you always have this feeling that it makes you look like a dork. Come hang out with us tonight and banish all those fears! We’ll learn a few essentials and a basic routine so you can face your next dance call with confidence.
|Audtioning Tips & Techniques
The audition process is a necessary component of the theatre world, but can be very intimidating. How should you prepare? What should you expect? We’ll talk it all out at tonight’s theatre club, and practice some skills in a fun, no-stress environment. From presenting yourself well to surviving a cold read, you’ll gain tools to approach your next audition like a pro!
|Stage Managing 101/Crew Challenge
What does a stage manager really do? What does ensemble look like in behind-the-scenes action? Tonight we’ll uncover the secrets of a smooth backstage process, learn a few tips of the stage management trade, and hone our scene shift skills. And get ready for some good-natured competition, because there will be a few activities to keep you on your toes. And at the end of the night, we’ll experience the Ultimate Stage Crew Challenge!
|Puppet Theatre: The Art of Making Stories Strange
For centuries, cultures worldwide have been using puppetry to tell the most important stories of humanity. Something about puppets causes people to stop and listen and engage as audience members. At tonight’s Teen Theatre Club, we’ll experiment with manipulating objects and unmasking their storytelling capabilities, building our own puppets, and performing puppet theatre!
Looking For A Great Monlogue?
Click here for some great monologues, especially for teens.