FALL 2021 SHOWS
STC is presenting two shows this fall – one at the Ames City Auditorium and one at our Black Box Theater. There will be a single audition for both fall shows on August 23 and 24 at STC’s Black Box Theater: 615 S. Dayton Ave. suite 133 in Ames.
Any necessary callbacks will be held on August 25.
Current Mask Policy: In accordance with current CDC recommendations that all individuals (fully vaccinated or not) wear a mask while indoors, STC is returning to mask wearing for all indoor events including rehearsals, workshops, and clubs. Frequent breaks will be taken to allow for everyone to distance and remove their masks. Read our full COVID-19 policy for Fall 2021 here.
A story of true love and acceptance between sisters, Frozen JR. expands upon the emotional relationship and journey between Princesses Anna and Elsa. When faced with danger, the two discover their hidden potential and the powerful bond of sisterhood. With a cast of beloved characters and loaded with magic, adventure, and plenty of humor, Frozen JR. is sure to thaw even the coldest heart!
Directed by Julia Feddersen.
- Rehearsals: 4:00-6:15 Tue/Thu and 10:30-12:30 Sat. (Beginning Aug. 28. No rehearsal Labor Day Weekend.)
You can find the preliminary rehearsal schedule for this show here: Frozen Preliminary Rehearsal Schedule
- Approximately 36 roles available for ages 9-18
- 10 crew members needed (ages 12-18)
Based on the beloved comic strip by Charles M. Schulz: Charlie Brown and the entire Peanuts gang explore life’s great questions as they play baseball, struggle with homework, swoon over their crushes, and celebrate the joy of friendship.
Directed by Caisha Johnson.
- Rehearsals 4:00-6:00 Mon/Wed and 9:00-10:30 Sat. (Beginning Sep. 8)
You can find the preliminary rehearsal schedule for this show here: YAGMCB Preliminary Rehearsal Schedule
- Approx. 14 roles available for ages 9-18
- 3 crew members needed (ages 12-18)
- Auditions for both shows will be held August 23 and 24 from 4:00-8:00 pm. You only need to attend one audition date.
- You must be 9 -18 years old to audition for a role.
- The auditioning panel will be casting both shows from a single audition. You may indicate on your audition form whether you would like to be considered for only one show or both. No actors will be cast in more than one show.
- Please keep Wednesday, August 25 from 4:00-7:00 pm open in case you are asked to attend callbacks. If you are asked to attend callbacks following your audition, you will be notified by 7:00 am on August 25.
- Sign up for a one-hour audition slot here.
- If an actor is wearing a mask, they may choose to remove it during solo (song/monologue) performance. However, this is up to you. Mask choices will not affect casting decisions.
Interested in being on the crew?
Stop by anytime during the auditions to fill out a crew application. We will need approximately 10 crew members for Frozen JR and 3 for You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown. Crew positions are posted on the individual show pages.
It is possible to apply for crew for both fall shows, if you desire. It is also possible, if you are auditioning for only one show, to apply for a crew position on the other. The production schedules do not directly conflict. For a look at the crew schedule for each show, click here: Preliminary Fall Crew Schedule.
Participation fees for the 2021-2022 season are $145 for cast members and $45 for crew members.
Partial scholarships are available.
Here at Story Theater Company, we are proud to offer professional instruction. Our participation fee ensures that we are able to continue offering such performance opportunities to the youth of our community. The fee also includes two tickets, a t-shirt, the cast party, show poster, and a recording of the performance (when allowed by our performance license).
- Bring a photo to attach to your audition application.
- You must arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled audition time to complete an audition form.
Late arrivals will be moved to another audition time.
- Wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes that will allow you to move well.
- You will audition with a small group. You will be at your audition for one hour.
- The auditions will consist of memorized short song cuts and monologues. Song and monologue options are listed below. There will also be a short dance portion of the audition (no previous dance experience required). You may prepare to audition for one show or both shows.
- Role descriptions may be found on each individual show page.
- If you are auditioning for only one show, please prepare a song and monologue from that show.
- If you are auditioning for both shows, please prepare three total pieces, including one song and one monologue. Examples: A monologue from Charlie Brown and a monologue and song from Frozen. OR a song from Frozen and a song and monologue from Charlie Brown. Any combination is fine, as long as you have at least one song and at least one monologue.
- All monologue and music options are provided on the show pages. All songs will be sung as a solo at the audition, even if there are multiple characters singing in the cut. You will be singing to the same provided accompaniment at the audition.