Traveling Story Troupe (TST) is a group of 8-12 actors that form the outreach arm of STC. The troupe performs a play for a variety of audiences at multiple locations and presents a showcase at STC’s black box theater at the end of the semester.
TST members are selected through an audition process at the beginning of each semester. We look for experienced actors who will be excellent ambassadors for STC in the community.
TST members receive a variety of performance opportunities, additional instruction from our professional staff, the chance to improve their performance skills through expanded roles, and the opportunity to be the face of STC in the community.
WINTER 2018 TRAVELING STORY TROUPE AUDITION INFORMATION
Director – Julia VanDyk
Auditions – January 2, 2018 from 4pm to 6pm
- Participants will be 11 or more years old
- Participants will have been previously involved in one or more STC program (i.e. workshops, clubs, or productions)
Jack, a smart but simple country man, is about to marry a wealthy farmer’s only daughter, Buttons. When he realizes just how silly Buttons and her parents are, he vows to leave and never return unless he meets three sillies “more silly than you three sillies”! As he travels about the country, he meets an old woman trying to capture sunlight in boxes to brighten the inside of her windowless house; a family of milkmaids who have trouble counting to six; newlyweds with feuding in-laws; a man who spends hours each day trying to put on his pants; and numerous silly people.
- TST will rehearse and/or perform from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, January 4 through March 22 (No rehearsals or performances during Spring Break).
- Up to 6 performances will be scheduled from February 13 – March 8. These will occur on Tuesdays or Thursdays during the regular rehearsal time. There will be one performance at the Ames Public Library which may occur on a Sunday. Date TBD.
- The troupe will present a showcase for family, friends, and the public on March 23 at 7:00 p.m. This showcase will include the play as well as additional monologues, scenes, and songs performed by the troupe members as selected in consultation with the director.
Fall 2017 Traveling Story Troupe
Director – Erica Walling
- John Artz
- Travis Cooper
- Julia Divine
- Ella Hatfield
- Sarah Lennon
- Jude Owens
- Maegan Schoppe
- Anika Slowing
- Josiah Teske