Presenting Disney’s Frozen JR., based on the 2018 Broadway musical:
A story of true love and acceptance between sisters, Frozen JR. expands upon the emotional relationship and journey between Princesses Anna and Elsa. When faced with danger, the two discover their hidden potential and the powerful bond of sisterhood. With a cast of beloved characters and loaded with magic, adventure, and plenty of humor, Frozen JR. is sure to thaw even the coldest heart!
Directed by Julia Feddersen with music direction by Morgan Darrow.
June 19 and 26, 2020 at 7:00 pm
June 20, 21, 27, and 28, 2020 at 2:00 pm
The June 20 performance will be ASL interpreted.
Location: Ames City Auditorium – 520 6th St.
Funded in part by:
- Local option tax funds provided by the City of Ames through the Commission on the Arts (COTA)
- The Iowa Arts Council–a division of the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs
- Ames Convention & Visitors Bureau Community Grant Program (ThinkAmes.com)
- Kiwanis Club of Ames.
AUDITION UPDATE: Auditions are currently postponed to May 4 and 5. The preliminary rehearsal schedule (below) has been updated to reflect this change. In the event that we are unable to stage Frozen JR until a future time, we anticipate being able to share that information by April 20.
Approximately 40 roles available for ages 9-18. Please see the bottom of this page for roles, descriptions, and crew positions.
Participation fees for this production:
Cast – $145
Crew – $45
Scholarships are available for cast and crew members who may need help covering the participation fee. Please do not let the participation fee keep you from auditioning.
AUDITION INSTRUCTIONS: Please read through all audition instructions carefully.
- Please prepare a memorized monologue from the options listed below.
- Please prepare a memorized song from the list below.
- SIGN UP for an audition time. (The bolded text will become a live signup link two weeks before auditions.) Audition group times will be at 4:00, 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00 pm for one hour each on May 4 & 5. You only need to attend one audition group time.
- Bring a photo to attach to your audition form. Please also be prepared to list possible scheduling conflicts on your audition form. Attendance at all performances is mandatory. Click here for a preliminary rehearsal and performance schedule.
- You must arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled audition time to complete an audition form. Late arrivals will be moved to another audition time.
- Wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes that will allow you to move well.
- Questions? Please check out our Audition FAQ and/or email email@example.com.
Click here for AUDITION MONOLOGUES
You may pick any one of these monologues to perform. Don’t be afraid to leave acting space in between the words. Choose to pause/react if it would make sense to do so.
Please choose any one of the songs listed below. You will be singing excerpts only, not the entire song. All songs should be sung as solos. If there is talking/interacting in your song, feel free to perform it however makes sense to you. You will be singing to a CD provided at your audition, using the exact music provided for you here.
A Little Bit of You
For The First Time In Forever
Reindeer(s) Are Better Than People
Let It Go
Crew Positions & Character Role Descriptions
CREW: Youth ages 12 and over may apply for crew positions. Available positions for this production include assistant stage manager, spotlight operator, light board operator, sound cue operator, projections operator, wardrobe assistant, and possibly run crew (fly/props). If you are interested in a crew position, please stop by during any of the audition times and complete an application. You do not need to sign up for an audition time. We are happy to consider applications from both new and experienced potential crew members.