Kids Theater Club is just for kids ages 8-10! Come join in the fun as our dedicated instructors provide a morning of fun to improve acting and improv skills, memorization, and listening. Every meeting is sure to be a blast!
Fall 2019 Kids Clubs
Join us Saturday, September 14 for our first Fall 2019 Kids Club!
- Time: 1:00 pm–3:00 pm.
- Dates: (Saturdays): September 14, October 12, December 7.
(No clubs in November.)
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 133.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All tweens ages 10-13 are welcome! 13-year-olds can also choose to attend our Teen Theater Club as well!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club.
Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Kids Club Schedule – Fall 2019
September 14th: Lights, Stories, Shadows! (Led by Lena Menefee-Cook and Zoey Lazere)
For centuries, storytellers around the world have used shadow theatre to excite and entertain audiences of all ages. Join us in exploring how we can play with light and shadows to create new characters and environments! We’ll be building shadow puppets and then creating stories around them to bring the puppets to life!
October 12th: A Physical Storyteller’s Toolbelt (Led by Lena Menefee-Cook and Olivia Griffith)
Get ready to move and play and discover the power of the actor’s greatest instrument–the body! Join us for a day of clubs filled with physical games, exercises, and character creation. We’ll figure out how we can use our bodies to tell all kinds of stories and become more confident, generous actors in the process!
December 7th: Can You Hear Me Now: Radio Plays (Led by Lena Menefee-Cook and Olivia Griffith)
Stories and theater can’t always be seen. Have you ever been completely fascinated by how voices can paint an entire world, or how whole characters can be created (even by only one person)? You won’t want to miss this day of clubs focused on radio plays, where you’ll learn how to create sound effects, turn stories into soundscapes, and utilize your voice to portray all kinds of different characters. By the end of the club, you’ll be working together to create your very own radio play!