NEW! Kids Theater Club is just for kids ages 8-10! Come join in the fun as our dedicated instructors provide an afternoon of fun to improve acting and improv skills, memorization, and listening. Every meeting is sure to be a blast!
Spring 2018 Kids Clubs
Starting January 6, join us monthly on Saturdays at 1:30 pm for Kids Club, led by Lena Menefee-Cook and Megan Henson.
- Time: 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Dates: Jan. 6, Feb. 3, March 3, April 7, and May 5
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 125.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All kids ages 8-10 are welcome! 10-year-olds can choose to attend our Tween Theater Club as well!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club. Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Kids Club Schedule – Spring 2018
|Actor's Toolbox: Using the Body
Come join us for the January Kid’s Club, where we will explore all the different ways that we can use our bodies to create characters and tell stories!
|Actor's Toolbox: Using the Voice
We use our voices to talk every day, but what else can we do with them? Join us this afternoon to play games and discover how we can project our voices and use them to create fun characters!
|Basics of Auditioning
Monologues, singing, cold reads . . . auditions can seem scary, but they don’t have to be! At today’s Kid’s Club, we will practice how to prepare for an audition and what to do once you are there. Auditions can be fun!
|Exploring Imagination and Improvisation
Come to this month’s Kid’s Club for a fun afternoon of improvisation! We will play games, create stories, become characters, and more—all through using our imagination!
|Actor's Toolbox: Using Imagination to Create Characters
For our last Kid’s Club of the spring, we will explore characters! How can we create different kinds of people, animals, and creatures on stage? Through games and activities, we will spend our afternoon discovering how to use our creativity and imagination to build characters!