Kids Theater Club is just for kids ages 8-10! Come join in the fun as our dedicated instructors provide a morning of fun to improve acting and improv skills, memorization, and listening. Every meeting is sure to be a blast!
Spring 2019 Kids Clubs
Starting January 5, join us monthly on Saturdays at 1:00 pm for Kids Club, led Erica Walling and Keaton Lane!
(*Note: 1:00 pm start time, not 1:30 pm, as it was last year.)
- Time: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (Earlier time than last year).
- Dates (all Saturdays): January 5, February 2, April 6, and May 4. (No clubs in March.)
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 133.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All kids ages 8-10 are welcome! 10-year-olds can choose to attend our Tween Theater Club as well!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club. Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Kids Club Schedule – Spring 2019
This month’s club is all about PUPPETS! Learn about every step of the puppetry process from creation to performance. Create your own puppet, learn puppetry basics and put all of your skills to use in a short puppetry scene.
Get ready to bust a move this week at Kid’s Club! We’re exploring the world of dance and movement on stage. We will get to learn some choreography and maybe even create some of our own. Join us for a fun afternoon full of music and dance!
At this month’s Kid’s Club, it’s time to learn about props! Come join us to get a behind the scenes look at how you create the details of a show and help bring it to life. We will be approaching props from every angle, picking props for a story, and even creating our own!
Finish off another fun semester of clubs with an ensemble night! Theatre is all about collaboration and working together, and that’s exactly what this club is going to focus on. Through team building games, activities, and working on scenes, we will enjoy an afternoon of creation, collaboration, and fun!