Kids Theater Club is just for kids ages 8-10! Come join in the fun as our dedicated instructors provide a morning of fun to improve acting and improv skills, memorization, and listening. Every meeting is sure to be a blast!
Fall 2018 Kids Clubs
Starting September 22, join us monthly on Saturdays at 1:00 pm for Kids Club, led Erica Walling and Keaton Lane!
(*Note: 1:00 pm start time, not 1:30 pm, as it was last year.)
- Time: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm (Earlier time than last year).
- Dates (all Saturdays): September 22, October 13, November 3, and December 8.
- All meetings are at the Story Theater Company rehearsal space, 615 S. Dayton Ave, Suite 133.
- A fee of $10 for the workshops will be collected upon arrival.
- All kids ages 8-10 are welcome! 10-year-olds can choose to attend our Tween Theater Club as well!
- Pre-registration is not required.
- Parents of new participants will be asked to provide an Activity Authorization form. This form must be completed and signed by a parent prior to participating in the club. Parents can complete paperwork when dropping off participants at the first meeting, or complete the form in advance by downloading it from the website.
Kids Club Schedule – Fall 2018
This club is all about SCRIPTS. Since the most important part of theatre is the story, we’ll learn how to take apart a script and discover information about the characters, plot, and world where the play takes place.
|Design From Head to Toe
If you’ve ever wanted to help create the look of a character, this is the club for you! After learning the basics of stage makeup and costume design, we’ll use our skills to design our own character from head to toe, and learn how to take a look from idea to reality.
Have you ever wanted to speak with a British accent or quack like a duck? If you answered yes, then join us at this week’s Kids Club! We will practice our listening and speaking skills to explore how the voice can shape a character and create depth in a story.
Did you know that you can audition for a show with Story Theater Company as soon as you are 9 years old? Auditioning can be nerve-wracking, but preparation is key! This week at Kid’s Club, we’ll work on many different skills that can be applied to making auditions fun and exciting!